What is VOA? It is a direct Visa that can be obtained at the airport of arrival. Easy to process, it should not pose any problem. However, there are certain exceptions that can not use this system to obtain the Visa and must use another system to access the country.
- Journalists who travel to practice their profession.
- Persons who have previously been denied access to IRAN
- People who have visited Israel
- Nationals from Colombia, Somalia, USA, United Kingdom, Canada, Bangladesh, Jordan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India →Visa on Arrival is not available.
- Nationals of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bolivia, Egypt, Georgia, Lebanon, Malaysia, Syria, Turkey or Venezuela→ They do not need Visa
If you are not among the exceptions by following the steps below, you should not worry about anything.
List of airports where you can get the Visa On Arrival (VOA):
• IKA: Imam Khomeini Airport
• TEH: Tehran Mehrabad Airport
• SYZ: Shiraz International Airport
• MHD: Mashhad International Airport
• TBZ: Tabriz International Airport
• ISF: Isfahan International Airport
• KIH: Kish International Airport
- Travel insurance(With a letter in English that says insurance works in Iran)
- 2 passport photo (we recommend taking more if you intend to renew the visa)
- Flight of arrival and departure
- Passport (recommended to carry copies) (Minimum with 6 months validity)
- Reservation of the first night in Iran.
1. Search Stand “visas here”
2. Fill in the form (Basic data, such as name, surname, passport number, date of birth, the name of your father, nationality and occupation)
3. Information of Sponsor/ person or place hosting you (Name, phone number and address)
4. Arrival flights and departure flights
5. Pay the visa, normally between 50-75 euros
Conditions of VISA:
– The visa lasts for 30 days.
– At the end of the period, the visa can be renewed for another 30 days two times more.
1. Carry with you: Two passport photos, 340,000 Rials (9 Euros), two copies of the current visa, passport copy, passport and visa
2. Go to the immigration office (There is one in each provincial capital)
3. fill in the form
4. Pay (Maybe they ask you to go to a bank to make the payment and come back with the receipt.
5. Collect the visa with the extension stamp that will allow you to be in the country for 30 more days.
List of offices: +
* It is advisable to go early in the morning. 2/3 days before it expires, if you leave with a lot of time in advance you could refuse the renewal.
- IATI: +
- Worldnomads: +
- Travel insurance Mundi Spain: +
There is also the option to take the insurance in the same terminal:
- 1 to 31 days: € 14
- 32 to 45 days: € 23
- 46 to 62 days: € 28
- 63 to 92 days: € 34