Once you have decided to visit Iran as a tourist destination, one of your first questions is ‘can I get a visa?’
The answer is surely yes! Even if you are a US or UK citizen, all you need to do extra is find an official tour guide for your trip, for example, though Iran Nomad Tours.
Please, note that if you are a tourist from such countries as Azerbaijan, Bolivia, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Georgia, Armenia, Venezuela, Egypt and Malaysia, you can freely enter Iran for up to 15 days without filling any application.
Also, you do not need a visa if you plan a 14-day stay in such areas as Kish Island, Qeshm Island, Chabahar, Maku, Arvand, Anzali, and Aras.
So, let’s assume you need a visa. What do you do?
The Visa Fee consists of 2 parts:
If you pay for visa stamp at an international airport in Iran, please always remember to pay with an exact cash amount as credit cards are not accepted.
Please, note that you are required to have travel insurance valid in Iran on you as well. For more information on insurance, please refer to our Insurance page.
What is VOA? It is a direct Visa that can be obtained at the airport of arrival. Easy to process, it should not pose any problem. However, there are certain exceptions that can not use this system to obtain the Visa and must use another system to access the country.
If you are not among the exceptions by following the steps below, you should not worry about anything.
List of airports where you can get the Visa On Arrival (VOA):
• IKA: Imam Khomeini Airport
• TEH: Tehran Mehrabad Airport
• SYZ: Shiraz International Airport
• MHD: Mashhad International Airport
• TBZ: Tabriz International Airport
• ISF: Isfahan International Airport
• KIH: Kish International Airport
1. Search Stand “visas here”
2. Fill in the form (Basic data, such as name, surname, passport number, date of birth, the name of your father, nationality, and occupation)
3. Information of Sponsor/ person or place hosting you (Name, phone number, and address)
4. Arrival flights and departure flights
5. Pay the visa, normally between 50-75 euros
Conditions of VISA:
– The visa lasts for 30 days.
– At the end of the period, the visa can be renewed for another 30 days two more times.
1. Carry with you: Two passport photos, 340,000 Rials (9 Euros), two copies of the current visa, passport copy, passport and visa
2. Go to the immigration office (There is one in each provincial capital)
3. fill in the form
4. Pay (you might be asked to go to a bank to make the payment and come back with the receipt.
5. Collect the visa with the extension stamp that will allow you to be in the country for 30 more days.
List of offices: +
* It is advisable to go early in the morning. 2/3 days before it expires, if you leave with a lot of time in advance you could refuse the renewal.